Warranty and Returns
- Most products sold have a 12 month/20k km manufacturer's warranty. Exclusions include rubber components.
- In the unlikely event of a defective part, a replacement exchange will be provided upon completion of inspection/testing/confirmation.
- Local support with experienced staff.
Whether you need some torque specifications or it simply does not fit, please contact us as soon as possible so we can help you to resolve the problem quickly.
Unsure what you need or if it fits?
We're more than happy to guide you through our catalogue. All you have to do is send us your VIN number and a brief email describing the parts you require.
Please note that the categories (such as vehicle models and engine codes) in our menus are primarily for categorisation and should not be relied upon to determine suitability for your vehicle.
No longer needed?
We understand that circumstances may change. We're happy to accept returns on unused, unopened items within 30 days of purchase - simply contact us via email for a return authority. They must be in the same condition as they were sent to you, in original, sealed packaging and free of soiling. A 20% restocking fee applies for all returns to cover the original costs of shipping, packaging and restocking.
Goods must be shipped back in suitable packaging to ensure they return in re-saleable condition. Shipping costs are borne solely by the sender. Please do not attach adhesive labels or write on the product's packaging. Specially ordered items, electrical items, and/or fragile items are not eligible for return.
Please send us an email with the following details:
- Invoice number and date of purchase.
- VIN number for the vehicle which the part/s were fitted to.
- Part number/s.
- When the part was fitted and by whom.
- Details of the fault including a timeline of events if possible. Please attach relevant, clear photos if possible.
If an urgent part replacement is required, we suggest ordering a replacement item from our store. Upon completion of our investigation, we will reimburse you for the purchase including shipping costs if a valid warranty claim is determined.
Our warranty covers the part only, when it is installed by a suitably qualified person to a vehicle determined to be suitable by the manufacturer or us (via an email enquiry), which is used on public roads for non-commercial purposes. We do not cover labour costs, fluids, fasteners, towing/recovery costs, consequential damage, loss of income,
It is your responsibility to document odometer readings and enlist a suitably qualified person to carry out the installation of the items you have purchased. Installation error including misdiagnosis, poor workmanship and failure to follow manufacturers' specifications/repair instructions, abuse (including usage off-road/competition including racetracks), misuse/mishandling, and modification forfeits any warranties.
By purchasing from BM Direct, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the information above, including our additional general terms and conditions below.
- The warranty is valid to the purchaser named on the invoice, and is not transferrable.
- The warranty begins on the date that the product is dispatched by us and is valid for a period of 12 months or up to 20,000km (whichever occurs first).
- BM Direct is not responsible for consequential or incidental damages or costs of any kind, including fluids, labour, or towing fees, that have been incurred directly or indirectly due to the failure of a product purchased from us.
- The warranty is valid only when the product was fitted to a vehicle stipulated as being suitable by us or the manufacturer. Part numbers are to be used for reference purposes only. Sometimes the same engine family can have slight variations when installed in different vehicles.
- The warranty will not cover products that have been fitted to vehicles that have been modified in a way that could impact the operation or life of the product.
- The warranty will not cover products that have been fitted for use off-road (including racing tracks), or to vehicles used for non-domestic purposes such as hire, courier, rideshare, taxi/limousine services.
- Where the issue can be reasonably traced to the failure of another component that the product relies on for its operation or where another component failure has impacted on the life of the purchased part, the warranty will be void.
- The warranty is not valid where damage or defects to the product have been caused by deliberate or negligent misuse or abuse, physical alteration/modification, fire, extreme heat, liquid ingress, incorrect voltage or polarity, power surges or dips, power supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs/modification, use of defective or incompatible accessories, use of incorrect/incompatible materials (including but not limited to lubricants, sealants, coolants), corrosive conditions, collision/impact damage, failure to carry out required calibration or similar procedure, or infestation.
- The warranty will not apply to product defects caused by normal wear and tear that occur with reasonable usage.
- We reserve the right to choose between providing a replacement, refund, or store credit where a warranty claim is approved.
- Any loss or damage to the product during transit will remain the responsibility of the sender up until it is received by us. We strongly recommend insuring parcels up to the value of the item, and packing it suitably to prevent movement or damage in transit.
- We may request additional information, such as photos of the part installed and a photo of the vehicle's VIN number to support the warranty process. The warranty procedure may rely on the compliance of directives given during the claim process.
- We may later deny a warranty claim and seek financial reimbursement after a warranty has been initially accepted in good faith, in the circumstance where fraudulent activity is suspected or false information has been supplied during the claims process.
- We will not uphold any other warranty offered by the manufacturer of a product sold by us.
- We reserve the right to request a professional diagnosis by a qualified mechanic/technician or specialist of our choice to support the decision. We are not liable for any costs incurred.
- If a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided to the customer, the faulty product becomes the property of us and must be returned to us within 30 days. If the faulty product is not received, we may pursue the value of the item.
- If a warranty claim or change of mind claim is unsuccessful, the customer is liable for any and all costs associated in the shipping of the product back.
- Occasionally there may be information on the BM Direct online store (https://bmdirect.com.au) that contains inaccuracies or omissions relating to technical information, descriptions, application suitability, pricing, and availability. We use a number of technical resources to ensure the information is accurate and current. BM Direct reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We shall not be responsible for any detriment incurred by your reliance on this website or its contents.